Sunday, July 24, 2011

Delayed Aisler

I jumped the gun last night in my closing statements at gate C7.  I was within 5 minutes of boarding, or so I thought.  As I turned off my computer and got all packed up to go, they announced, "Delta flight 4960 with services to Bloomington, IL will be at a 30 minute delay due to maintenance."  Hold up.... 30 minutes? AND because of maintenance?  Nothing good can come from this.
After crying children, purchasing some crackers and a diet coke, texting all of my friends to say goodbye, and that I was getting on a play that is getting maintenance, we were finally able to board. 
As I stepped on the plane, we had an IMMEDIATE problem.  I was seat 10 C.  However, all of the seats must be marked wrong.  They were marked the C was the aisle seat??? This could not be.  There is NO way.  In searching for a Delta flight attendant to tell her to remark all of the seats, I finally got to row 10, and notice my eager neighbor already sitting.  However, she was in the aisle seat!  I would normally complain and make a scene that this stupid girl could not read her ticket.  But maybe she could FEEL it-- she knew she belonged in the aisle!

So perfect.  She already made my life.  We were discussing how the flight attendant, Bethany, hated her life, and how the kids needed to get to bed stat.  She was from Monticello and knew a friend of mine from Pi Phi! (Kelly Harrington--- if you are reading this! :)).  We understood each other too.  It was nice meeting you and having that awkward initial conversation, but we can use electronics now, and its time for alone time with our music. 
We did fly next to lightening for the entire trip so that was cool.
All in all, thank you girl who cant read her ticket, and sit in the aisle seat.. It's YOUR turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment