Saturday, July 23, 2011

I Tweet, Not Blog.

Well, I was never in creative writing.  I'm pretty funny in person and in real life, but actually writing the things that happen to me or thoughts that I have would be a stretch!  Over and over again I have said, "this is not real life" or "of course this happens to me!"  But-- I tell those stories, not write them.  If I'm not confident in this process-- then why am I doing it??

I've noticed a lot of traveling consultants that I have met talk about starting blogs about their travels.  They like to keep family and friends informed of where they are, what they are doing, and this is a way to remind them in the future of great or not so great things they were a part of.  Well-- that is what my not one, but two Twitter accounts are for.  So-- blogging is not for me. 

As I started traveling, however, I noticed one common theme in stories that I was telling people as I arrived to destination.  It was not about the awesome land mark I saw, or the terrible customer service I may have had.  It was about the people who had the pleasure of sitting next to me on the airplane.  What characters-- all with a different story and personality.  As I got a few flights under my belt, I had stories and stories to tell friends about these interesting people, and unfortunately, I could not fit these stories in 140 characters.  So there it was. The urge to start a blog. 

Debbie from Jade knows I enjoy the Window seat.  That way I can lay my head, and check out where we are going.  So...... who gets the aisle seat?

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, Ashley! In the movie "Fight Club", didn't they call those people next to you on the airplane "single serving friends" or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie! And it's been forever--- I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete