Friday, August 19, 2011

The BEST Aisler

8/16/11 Connecting Flight From Denver to Cheyene, WY 1130 am
(There is a story leading up to this one in the previous blog.  I just didn't want to write TOO much in one post, because then Sir Michael Gurney would comment that I'm writing a manuscript.)
My connecting flight was supposed to start boarding at 1055, and it is now 1115.  I wasn't too worried, as it usually takes forever to board flights.  I go up to a frontier counter and ask, "Can you let me know what gate Cheyene is currently at?  And could you call down and let them know I am on my way?"  She tells me the gate, and then says she does not "have access" to those phones.  Um.... your lying to me.  She just wanted to see me hustle.  But whatever-- I'll show her I can make it on my own!!!

For the first time in my life, I walked down an escalator.  Yep, walked down the moving stairs.  Hopefully that's the last time I do that too.  I find a large board to make sure I am going to the right gate, as I did not trust no access to phone girl, and I saw that the flight to Cheyenne was with Greater Lakes America, not Frontier.  Well.. THIS is interesting.  As I hear "Gate 68A is now all boarding to services to Cheyenne" I only get mad because I did not have time to creep and guess who the aisle winner was today!! Oh well... I walk up frantically to the gate, and she says, "Cheyenne?" How did she know????? I was creeped out in responding, "yess...... but I also have a question" I explain how my plane JUST landed, and I wanted to make sure my baggage got on this flight out.  Again, I walked up to another liar who just says "No."  Luckily, the guy who actually works with the baggage comes right up to me and says, "All the baggage that is checked for this flight is what you see out there-- was your flight Frontier?"  I said, "yes, from Knoxville.  I just have two large pink bags."  This guy, being the man of the day, says into his little microphone, "yeah, we are looking for two pink bags to Cheyenne."

After being so happy that finally someone stopped lying to me, I thought about what he said, "All the baggage that is checked for this flight is what you see out there"  I see a box.  How come only a box?  How come she knew I was on this flight?? How come we are boarding, and I am only behind two people?  How come we are walking outside........

YES!! This flight is one of those tiny little, I can see and talk to the pilot flights, where you never go above the clouds, and with propellers and everything.  I love those!!!!!!  But I DEFINITELY was not expecting it at all!  So who was my neighbor?  You can read it in the title!  The best one I ever had.... only 6 seats on the plane, so who sat next to me?  ME!!!!

I boarded the flight in time, I get to sit next to me, the pilot is directly giving us safety procedures, and I didn't think this flight could get better.  Just then I hear a BANG BANG BANG.  Yep-- someone is literally knocking on our plane.  The pilot looks out, and all I hear is, "HEY! WE GOT THAT GIRLS PINK BAGS!!!!"  

:).  How nice of him.  I tried tapping on my window and mouthing "THANK YOU!!!" But I'm not sure if he ever saw me.  25 minutes later, I landed in Cheyenne Wyoming, with all my luggage, and good to go.

Yes, I am in Wyoming.

1 comment: