Friday, October 14, 2011

Anything But Row 8, Seat.

October 7th 10am Flight from Atlanta to Bloomington
(HERE is what you ALL have been waiting for).
As I was arriving to my gate to get to Bloomington, I notice my boarding pass says, "Seat reserved at gate."  So I went up to the nice Delta man, he went to his desk, and came back and said, "Seat 8D.  It's one of the best!  Window seat and everything."  He was nice.. but once again I was convinced he must read my blog and gave me a window so I didn't say anything bad about him...
So then I board.... I'm sitting next to the window doing the flight boarding stank face (staring at EVERYONE that walks by, making sure they DONT take that open seat next to me.)  Then this nice little older couple come up to me looking real confused.  They go up to the guy behind me in the aisle seat in row nine and say, "Excuse me.. are you in row 9?"  This man with his black t.shirt and handle bar mustache continues to leave his arms crossed and eyes forward.... doesnt say a WORD.  So the man asks again, "Um.. sir.  Are you in row 9?"  Scary guy doesn't move or flinch, and just says, "NO."  Yep.. I'm sitting here turned 180 degrees watching all of this go down, waiting for the old man to get swatted across the plane.  Old man responds, "Well.. this IS row 9.."  Scary guy moves to look at his ticket, and says, "Oh.. I'm row...." SCREAMING OUT LOUD IN MY HEAD NOT ROW 8, NOT ROW 8, NOTTTTT ROWWWWWW 8!!!!!!! "Row 8."


So I squirm AS close as I can to the window.. cursing the Delta man inside my brain.  Ya.. best seat.. No WONDER it was open...


As soon as he sits down, a flight attendant walked by and he goes, "Hey.  I never got my pretzels"  Never got your pretzels??? I'm not sure if you've noticed sir.. but we are in row 8, BEHIND the curtain of first class. Not in front of it!  You will get pretzels 30 minutes into the flight like everyone else!  Nope.. flight attendant was scared, and ran and got him some pretzels. Then, when it was time for the normal class people to get theres, he asked for two more bags!!  But don't worry.. never made eye contact.. just looked straight ahead.


Then....... he reached down.. and started taking off his black boots.  NO!! I was freakin.  In my head, I was picturing the TSA security at the airport all being beat out by him, and him walking through security with his shoes on.  He was DEF hiding something in there.  Then.......... he started walking towards the front of the plane.  WITH NO SHOES!  I was screaming in my head.. "SOMEBODY!! STOP HIM.  DONT LET HIM GO TO THE FRONT OF THE PLANE!! DON'T LET HIM GO TO THE FRONT OF THE PLANE!" 


But of course..... he needed the 1st class bathroom. 


We landed... he ran out of the plane before anyone else... and I'm alive. 
If you want to know what he looked like... ask my mom, people at her work, Felicia, and TK.  Yep. you know I took pics of him so my friends and family knew who to look for if I didn't make it!


My next travels to STL was in a car with Felicia.  I'd tell you about it, but this blog is Aisle Seat.. not Drivers Seat...


I am currently in the STL airport with a final destination to Virginia.  I PROMISE to keep up blogging! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment